The annual Business Excellence and Business Achievement Awards recognise world-class performance. A new 'Category' excellence award has also been introduced for 2016.
The Business Excellence Awards' programme is set against a world-class criteria and recognises organisations for performance excellence. Applicants come from both the public and private sector, and entry is open to all businesses in New Zealand.
2016 Award applications are now open
Expressions of Interest are now open for the Business Excellence
awards. NOTE: Submissions close on Monday 22 February 2016! Click here for the EOI form
Benefits of Applying
- Learning about your own organisation - assessing your organisation against the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence or the abridged Criteria ensures a disciplined and holistic self-assessment of the whole organisation.
- Third-Party Assessment - the comprehensive evaluation process by a team of skilled evaluators provides an external and objective assessment of the organisation.
- Invaluable Feedback Report - a comprehensive feedback report which identifies key strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Building Awareness of Excellence - the Site Visit by the evaluation team is motivational for the applicant's team(s) and raises awareness within the organisation of the leadership goal to achieve world-class performance.
- Improvement Planning - the strengths are recognised and reinforced while opportunities for improvement can be reviewed, prioritised and then integrated into improvement plans for the organisation.
- Rationalising Improvement Approaches - the use of the Baldrige criteria for performance excellence helps organisations to understand, select and integrate other appropriate management models such as six sigma, business process re-engineering, balanced scorecard, ISO 9000, and many others.
New Zealand Business Excellence Foundation would like to thank the following organisations for their support